always be a unicorn

This was a date I was looking forward too!  Just like last year, when I ventured into NYC to see the Cindy Sherman show at MOMA and meet up with friends and met the love of my life, unbeknownst to me at the time.  Going to NYC was a celebration of my one year anniversary with George where it all began and what I'm passionate about ... photography.  So when Saturday, April 6, rolled around, it was a chance to see my friend, Philip Bonneau from Atlanta, GA who just had an exhibit in NYC for the first time!  We met on Facebook via a mutual real-life friend, Nikita Prokorhov.  Nikita and Philip went to college together and he suggested I friend Philip because we have a lot in common.  Boy was Nikita right.  Not only are we both tenacious Scorpios, we are driven photographers who love blue and unicorns.  On my birthday trip to New Orleans as a fortunate traveler, I met Philip for the first time while George and I connected in Atlanta, GA over the Halloween Storm Sandy weekend.  Here's a trip down the rainbow path with blue as a fashion statement through New York City in one day.  Totally unplanned, but visible all the way.

I didn't plan to see what was shown to me this day.  I followed my eye and snapped a million stories in one day.  This is just one of more to come.  If you follow the pictures, you will see the symbolism of solitary, colorful, forthright even in nature and especially, blue.  Follow the circles, follow the blue and the horns, be it hair or the middle finger.

Here's an inspirational song I love by Helen Austin, Always be a unicorn.  It speaks of being yourself and being real.  Nothing like being true blue.





























Comments

Popular Posts