a reason to wake up

One of the things I noticed most while I was in Athens was graffiti spray-painted "wake-up."  This could mean several things.  I have my own interpretations and I won't go into them here, but I sure am grateful I am aware and awake to what is happening in the world.  

With each new day in Greece, it is reassuring to wake-up to the sun rising every morning, not a cloud in the sky.  In New England, we don't always see the sun even though we know it's there.  In Greece, you can be sure to see the sun on a daily basis.  It's orange and pink glow warming up the earth and casting it's glow across the landscape.  Every cell in my body craved the sun.  I soaked it up like a sponge and made sure to rise with each day offering it's promise of return.  It's good to have faith in something you can count on.

After our morning hike from the ka-live-ee (little house) to the beach, George and I enjoyed our Greek coffee at the Kantina.  Mornings are by far, my favorite time of day, especially in Greece.











Comments

Popular Posts